Moving your house especially during summers is one of the hardest and stressful jobs.
After all, packing and loading heavy furniture items and moving containers in the beaming summer days is no easy task.
To make your moving process a lot easier, hire a professional moving company. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-sydney/ and request a moving quote.
Some other tips to make a summer move stress-free and fun are:
1. Pack early
Packing is one of the most time-consuming moving tasks. There is a lot to consider and prepare for. Avoid procrastination and start packing a few weeks before the moving day.
Pack items like
- Out-of-season clothes
- Furniture items
- Art pieces
- Extra linens and towels
- Miscellaneous items that you don’t need
Packing all the stuff yourself can be daunting, so hire reliable removalists in Perth to make the whole process smooth.
There is no need to carry broken, unnecessary, and unwanted stuff that is just adding extra weight to your moving boxes.
Some of the ways to purge old items are:
- Donate: Donate items like books, clothes, toys, or anything else that is in good shape.
- Sell: Host a garage sale to market and sell your old furniture, electronics, or any other thing that you no longer need.
- Give away: Give away old clothes, shoes, electronics, and books to your friends or to someone who needs them.
- Online marketplace: You can sell outdated, outgrown or duplicate items on social media platforms like Facebook or websites like Craigslist.
3. Treat yourself
While packing and moving all your stuff, you might end up ignoring your daily routine, food and sleep.
However, this can have adverse effects on your physical and mental well-being.
The best way to keep moving stress at bay during summers is taking good care of your health.
Some of the tips to follow are:
- Drink an adequate amount of water
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting and breathable clothes
- Apply sunscreen
- Wear hat
- Use a portable fan
Moving in the summer heat is much easier when you have cheap movers Ballarat by your side.
4. Seek the help of friends and family
Moving is an extremely laborious task when you have to self-pack, load and unload furniture items, electronics, and other stuff.
To make the whole process of relocation a breeze, seek the help of your friends and family members.
From packing the belongings to looking after your kids, cooking the food, donating the items, and so much more, your friends can surely make your move hassle-free.
However, lifting and moving a heavy sofa or refrigerator is still a big and risky task. So, hire a moving company to take the burden off your shoulder. Click here to seek professional help.
5. Pack a moving day survival kit
A survival kit can make the moving process as stress-free, efficient and safe as possible.
Some of the essentials that should be part of your moving survival kit are:
- Important documents like driver’s license, vehicle registration, credit and debit cards, etc.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Valuables like jewellery, heirloom family photos, or an expensive art piece
- First aid box
- Phone or laptop chargers
- Medicines or health products
- Bedtime supplies
- Frozen food
Your survival kit should stay with you throughout your move.
6. Ask for multiple moving quotes
The best way to make moving easier on you is by hiring movers and packers in Canberra . However, with a plethora of options, it can be tough to choose the right company.
Before you solely make decisions on price, ask for quotes from multiple moving companies.
This can help you:
- make comparison among the various choices on factors like services offered, level of experience, customer service, etc.
- know the average price in your area
- adjust your budget accordingly
- avoid the risk of choosing a fraud company
In the end…
Moving is not as simple as it seems. However, by hiring reliable moving services you can easily overcome minor hiccups to big challenges.
This way you can reduce the moving stress and enjoy the rewarding experience to start a new life.
Good luck and stay cool out there!